Ahoy Matties! Looking for things to do in the French Lick area while visiting Big Splash Adventure? We are lucky to have so many great activities in the area. You can visit the Orange County Convention & Visitors Bureau for a list of ideas. May we suggest the following:
- Enjoy the fresh air and wide open spaces on a relaxing horseback ride at our sister property The Ranch. Big Splash Adventure guests even get a discount!
- Make a day trip to Holiday World, we even have packages with discounted tickets available!
- Take a tour of the West Baden Springs Hotel. You will be captivated once you step foot inside this National Historic Landmark (NHL) built in 1902. With its one-of-a-kind domed atrium spanning 200 feet, it has been called the “Eighth Wonder of the World.”
- Take a ride on the Indiana Railway. You will ride aboard historic train equipment on a 1 3/4 hour ride through parts of the Hoosier National Forest, past limestone cut outs, and even through a 2,200 foot tunnel!
- Is speed your friend? Take a ride with French Lick West Baden Indoor Karting. It’s an 8 minute action packed experience!
- Any golfers in the family? French Lick Resort is the home of 3 golf courses designed by Donald Ross, Pete Dye and Tom Bendelow. Nowhere else in the world can a golfer play courses designed by each of these noted and prolific designers at one resort destination!
Still need more ideas? Patoka Lake, Bear Hollow, and Marengo Cave also offer wonderful experiences you can share with the entire family!