Arg! I s’pose its official—those dratted kids Pearl and Murphy claim to be pirates just like me, their favorite ol’uncle Lee. And as honest-to-gnats pirates, they’ve been insisting that since we be hunting that dreaded Pirate Silver Beard’s pirate-treasure—they should be dressed like honest-to-gnats pirates.
Sounds like a fair enough request to me…I s’pose.
Problem is…it’s been so long since I’ve seen me an honest-to-gnats official pirate (other than me-self, that is) in full pirate-y garb, and I don’t quite know just what other pirates wear. So how am I s’posed to help the youngins look the part?
Maybe I should climb on up in the crow’s nest and take me a look around, see if I can spot me a few pirates. Get me a few ideas on how to help Murphy and Pearl. Maybe I can have them their own pirate-y garb before our big “Talk Like a Pirate weekend” actually begins! (Sept 4-6)… Me trusty telescope must be a wee bit water-logged. I can’t see much of anything! Wait! Wait! I see me one little scallywag in full Pirate Gear!
Look pretty good! But can you top that? I need all the ideas I can get!
Send me pictures of your best pirate garb! I’ll make it worth your while! We can work out a trade…
You send me your best pirate costume, and if I think your garb is something Murphy and Pearl will be interested in…I’ll send you a voucher for a free night’s stay at the Valley of the Springs Hotel and Resort! I can guarantee you’d have a Big Splash Adventure!
For those of you whose costumes are exceptionally pirate-y, I’ll send you a token of me pirate support! In fact, after I pick me grand prize pirate costume, I’ll pick three more to receive a treasure voucher worth $50.00 off your next night’s stay at the Valley of the Springs!
All you pirates can help me and the kids search for Silver Beard’s lost treasure! (I know it has got to be around here somewhere!)
So to enter, here’s what you need to do:
- Attach your best photograph of you or your family in your pirate garb to an email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “Dress Like A Pirate” in the subject line. Include your name, email address, mailing address, and telephone number in the body of the email.
- You must be a US resident age 18 or over to participate. OR you must be the parent/legal guardian of the photograph’s subject.
- One (1) entry per household.
- All costumes must be family-appropriate. Big Splash Adventure is a family establishment and reserves the right to decide what constitutes family appropriate dress.
- Prizes are non-transferrable and are not redeemable for cash.
- Contest submission period begins August 15th, 2009 and ends August 31st, 2009. Winners will be announced via email around “Talk Like a Pirate Day”, which is September 9th, 2009, and posted on the website/blog within two weeks after being confirmed.
One grand prize winner will receive one (1) overnight’s stay at the Big Splash Adventure Indoor Water Park and Resort in a standard double queen room with water park admission for four people and complimentary breakfast.
Three first place winners will receive gift certificates of fifty dollars ($50.00) toward the purchase of one night’s stay at the Big Splash Adventure Indoor Water Park.
Runners up will receive a twenty-five dollar ($25.00) gift certificate to be used at the Big Splash Adventure Indoor Water Park.
*View “Dress Like a Pirate Terms & Conditions” *Entering the Big Splash adventure “Dress Like a Pirate” Photography Contest requires no purchase.*Any appropriate entries may be posted on the Big Splash Adventure or Valley of the Springs’ websites, and may also be featured on the Lee Wally blog. If you have any other questions regarding the contest, email us at email@example.com.